2016 Code Updates and Contractor Information Session
The City of Decatur’s Design, Environment and Construction Division (DEC) is reaching out to all builders and contractors who have previously done work in the City of Decatur to participate in a 2016 Code Updates and Information Session.
Representatives from the Building Section of DEC will be on hand to present information on a variety of topics related to permitting, construction and development in the City of Decatur.
The session will be held on January 25th at 4PM at the Community Room at the Leveritt Public Works Building, 2635 Talley Street, Decatur, GA 30030
This year’s topics will include:
1. New and amended building codes for 2016 issued by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs;
2. Review of common zoning regulations for single family residential properties;
3. High Performance Building Standards Update;
4. Plan Reviews: plan submittals and resubmittals; and
5. Revised procedure for permitting, inspections and project closeout.
The presentation will last approximately 45 minutes. Afterwards, participants will be able to ask questions and enjoy refreshments. Space for this event is limited, so please RSVP to Building Official Mark Ethun at 678-553-6508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.